I barley EVER get sick. Being healthy and energized is the key to powering through, being energized, having mental clarity, being productive... So here are MY TOP TIPS AND HABITS TO KEEP HEALTHY, extra important during season changes, travels and the fall/winter months 😷:
1. Wash your hands (especially after working out and when you come home from being out). Tho over-washing your hands can actually cause them to dry out & crack, which allows germs to enter the body. So wash them when needed, choose a natural clean/non chemical (parabens and SLS free) soap, and moisturize your hands before going to bed.
2. Take daily supplements. Especially immune system boosting ones. The ones I take are listed here.
3. Add super foods to your diet. I buy a powder blend of 50 super foods, a fast scoop in my smoothie gives me so many nutrients. The ones I take are listed here too.
4. Eat foods that are in season to make sure you’re taking advantage of all the benefits: For instance, root-based vegetables that grow in winter are generally more likely to help you feel fuller for longer - which is perfect during the colder months. Nature is smart!
5. Make sure your diet includes immune system nutrients: citrus foods (grapefruit, oranges, lemons...), broccoli, red pepper, ginger, spinach, yogurt, almonds, turmeric, papaya, kiwi...
6. Exercise and stay active. Move your body and stretch!
7. Drink tons of water. Infusing water with lemon, orange, ginger, cucumber or mint also helps me drink more.
8. Drink your greens too. An easy way to get extra in. I love to have my fridge stocked up on green juices. Specifically those that boost my immune system (with greens and cayenne pepper, ginger, and turmeric).
9. Never skip meals and eat often through the day. I like to eat every two hours (typically three big meals and four smaller meals/snacks).
10. Take daily probiotics = good bacteria! A vital role in the development and maintenance of the immune system & supports your normal healthy response to allergens. Beneficial bacteria train your immune system to distinguish between non-harmful antigens and undesirable antigens, and to respond in a normal, appropriate way. My fav are kombucha and kefir (I like the Lifeway brand)
11. Drink green tea / matcha tea. Packed with antioxidants that enhance the immune’s function & aids in the production of germ-fighting compounds 🍵 I love to take the Matcha Collagen because it has all the properties of matcha and, collagen added (great for glowing skin, strong nails, hair loss prevention, hair regrowth, stretchmarks prevention, skin tightening after birth....)