A few years back I decided to stop wearing foundation and start working on bettering my skin instead. My goal was to better my skin and not have to hide it. I finally mastered a skincare routine I love, with products that are very specific to each need and, brands I adore.
Here's my MORNING skincare routine:
1. CLEANSING Ormedic Balancing Facial Clenser by Image Skincare I love it because it feels fresh in the morning. It is botanically based and delivers essential nutrients to calm and sooth the skin while gently cleanses, sweeps away impurities and restores the skin's optimal pH balance. It leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated.
2. MICROFILANT Daily Microfilant by Dermalogica A game changer on my skin, I have never felt my skin smoother! It gently exfoliates getting rid of dead-cells and instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter. It's a rice-based powder formula that activates upon contact with water. I used to do it at night but I love how it gives me an extra glow and smoothness.
3. TONER Loving the Bliss What a Melon Replenishing Watermelon Toner with Witch Hazel and Willow Bark, Replenishes, Refreshes and Energizes Tired Skin. Great wake-up call. It removes dead cells and toxins, full of antioxidants that replenishes lost vitamins & minerals, made with watermelon extract, witch hazel & cucumber fruit extract. 100% FREE FROM parabens, phthalates, SLS and more, as well as vegan, PETA-certified and cruelty-free.
4. SERUM Vital C Hydrating Anti-Aging Serum by Image Skincare I can't stress how much I love this serum. It not only smells and feels amazing, but it does wonders too, you can visually see the difference in days. I love it in the morning because it acts as a wake-up call on the skin to fight the visible signs of stress and fatigue (a mama's best friend), brightens, tightens, as well as softens the appearance of wrinkles effectively, supports collagen creation, and protects skin against oxidative damage. I also love the brightening Vitamin C serum by Tatcha in the morning because it does brighten your skin and you look glowing! However, the one by Image does improve your skin, so I like to alternate.
5. EYE CREAM Vital C Hydrating Eye Recovery Gel by Image Skincare The partner in crime to the serum. It feels so cool, it's amazing applying it in the morning to fight puffiness and dark circles. It improves the signs of aging with hydrating hyaluronic acid, wrinkle-altering peptides, nourishing antioxidants and Collagen Recovery Complex to improve elasticity.
6. MOISTURIZER I absolutely love the Water Cream by Tatcha because it minimizes pores and hydrates like no other, in a very light weighted way. Also super refreshing. As for oils I have a NEW OBSESSION.
7. OIL I recently discovered it and replaced my old fav $250 oil for this $40 (and bigger bottle) oil... that works wonders. It's Pai Skincare Premium Certified Organic Rosehip Bio Regenerate Oil with CO2 Extracts and Omega 3 the most concentrated Rosehip Oil on the market - outperforms Cold Pressed, Seed Only Oils. It refines appearance of damaged skin and fine lines, has a premium CO2 supercritical extraction delivers the complete and concentrated properties of the Rosehip and it is Certified Organic by the Soil Association, Vegan & BUAV Accreditation. It's also deep organge due to high levels of carotenoids, but I swear it gives me an extra glow AND leaves me tanner, like beautifully bronzed, not orange I promise. I absolutely love it.
8. LAST STEP. This is game changer! The Tula Face Filter is incredible, it's the last step of the morning skincare routine, it releases "glow particles" that create a warm-toned, radiant base for makeup OR to wear as is, for a natural (yet unified skin tone) instantly reducing the appearance of redness and provides a more even-looking skin tone for a “filter-like” finish. Also adds an extra layer of hydration & glow from within to your makeup routine. PERFECTION. You can use code PRBOSSBABE for a 20% off this and any Tula products on their website.
9. RESHEN UP
A) I also love to freshen up my undereye area through the day with the Tula Glow & Get It cooling and brightening eye balm. You can wear it under or on top of makeup. I keep it next to my desk and it's an instant pick-me-up to look & feel awake! Great for tired mamas. The glow is insane. Plus, it is made with probiotics and superfoods. You can get a 20% off using code PRBOSSBABE (this and any other Tula product)
B) MIST I love to spray a mist through the day, to keep hydrated throughout. You can spray mists on top of makeup. Its refreshing and you will maintain a glowing effect! The current mists I love through the day are the Luminous Dewy Mist By Tatcha and the Rose Gold Rescue Toner Mist by Bliss which soothes skin more than a glow.
PS: this routine is meant to be indoors. If you plan to be outdoors, skip the oil & moisturizer and use an SPF sunscreen instead.