Growing doesn’t happen unless we are changing. And changing means we are evolving. Which is good, as long as we are evolving towards the direction we want to be heading to.
This is the reason why birthdays don’t scare me, each year I am in a better place, not because EVERYTHING is perfect but because overall, I am shifting towards where I want to be ✨
Embracing change is definitely not easy. They call it “comfort” zone for a reason, it gives us calm, relaxation and security. But embracing change is not a difficult skill to learn. And once you start looking at change as a good thing, you’ll be amazed at some of the benefits that can follow.
Here are 7 reasons why embracing change can be a very good habit to adapt.
1. Change helps you grow, makes you adapt in ways you never experienced, great for personal & professional development.
2. Change teaches you to be flexible & help you maintain a more positive attitude.
3. Change can challenge your values and beliefs. Reacting to change often involves re-evaluating your belief system. Or reinforce your trust in the belief system you already have. Either way, you become stronger.
4. Change reveals your strengths. Without being forced to accept changes, you might never learn the true measure of your own strength.
5. Change makes you more compassionate. When you become “too comfortable” in your own situation, it can be much more difficult to understand what others might be going through. Change reminds you to be kind when you’re considering the choices other people may make.
6. Change breaks up routines. Get you out of ruts which can lead in depression. Change keeps your mind active, refocusing your thoughts and not fixated on negative thought patterns.
7. Change offers opportunities so you can create a more fulfilling and authentic life.
Change May be scary at first, but learn to trust, take new opportunities, and GROW ✨ With the right mindset and actions, change is always for the best!