Being present & focusing on gratitude is something I’ve learned in the past few years. Not that I was a negative person before, but I went through so much that it was hard to focus on anything good, and it was also hard to enjoy the present or be grateful for anything really. I always fought to jump obstacles, and kept looking forward.
Today, I am grateful for everything daily, not because I have it all, but because I finally understand that it’s not all about where I am going, or focusing on jumping from a problem to the next, but to enjoy the ride, and being present.
However, I also want to add that keeping positive won’t remove your issues. So any challenges you may have, need to be resolved or else they will pile up and become bigger.
Yes to being grateful and present, but it’s not all rainbows and sparkles, we need to be realistic, keep positive while removing those obstacles!
Here are some of my top tips to balancing being present & grateful, while being a badass working through difficulties.
1. Don't be picky: appreciate the little things.
2. Find gratitude in your challenges.
3. Don’t panic. Solve one problem at a time.
4. Remember there’s always a solution if you don’t see one right away, take a break and come back to it.
5. Speak to people around you, don’t hold it in, they may have a solution for you!
6. Practice mindfulness. Brining awareness to the daily activities you usually do on autopilot.
7. Volunteer, donate, help others. Do good with no expectation in return. It will eventually come back!
8. Express yourself. Don’t hold things. Don’t hold on to frustration.
9. Spend time with loved ones with no cell phones: being fully emerged during that time.
10. Do activities that you love and fulfill you.
11. Trust your gut while problem solving.
12. Don’t ignore the negative: face them with courage & get to the root of issues.
What are you currently working on bettering? Is there something you struggle with more? How do you practice being present and grateful?