Motherhood is obviously physically and mentally demanding. Not just from the strain of pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding where vital nutrients are passed onto your growing baby, and hormonal reserves and energy are taken from you.
But also, the new demands that come with like lack of sleep, the mental load, stress, low immunity, constantly being exposed to viruses and bacteria...
Postpartum depletion can last up to 10 years after birth and any mother is at risk.
What are the symptoms?
And other health issues
Which unfortunately, moms brush off these symptoms and think they are normal as they are SO commonly experienced.
But you CAN do something to feel better!
What can you do?
1. A b alanced diet: healthy fats, high quality protein in every meal proper carbohydrates and electrolytes. Working with a postnatal nutritionist is a great place to start.
2. Keep taking a multivitamin catered for this specific stage to replenish and keep supporting your vitamins, minerals and nutrient intake (we need it YEARS beyond). One that is complete but also one that is ABSORBABLE (most in the market are not, they only absorb 5-10% of the nutrients aka they don’t work, you pee everything out because it's made with an exclusive technology that allows the nutrients to be delivered straight to the bloodstream and cells -where needed- clinically proven to absorb at 95%!) and one that is 100% natural, free of any additives, colorants, artificial flavors, sugars… & third party tested. SHOP HERE use code LAURA for 25% off the first single bottle or get the subscription with 25% off directly applied each month!
3. Going to bed earlier.
4. Support your nervous system. Exercise, sunlight, meditation, walk barefoot in nature, practice mindfulness, limit caffeine & alcohol, deep breathing...
5. Have a support system. Attention flows naturally through pregnancy and early postpartum days. But remember to seek support beyond too. Less isolation. More community.
6. Saying NO more often & protecting your energy.