Opportunities are out there, anywhere, and there are plenty of them, but WE also have to be out there, be open, and be in the correct places. So, what are the easiest ways to come across THE RIGHT opportunities for YOU?
1. Be in the right place. This does not necessarily mean the right city, but being part of the right activities. For example, going to the right gym & coffee shops, living in the right neighborhood, going to trade shows or local events within your business of interest, joining groups and communities (on and off line)… everything will allow you to meet people that will expand your network.
2. Believe in yourself. Know your worth and what you are capable of so you only accept what you deserve and learn to say no to what can be a waste of time and energy.
3. Know your weaknesses and what needs to be worked on, if you keep improving your knowledge and bettering your weaknesses, you will be able to find better opportunities.
4. Open your eyes. There's a lot happening, we just need to stop and observe. Instead of focusing on our phones and being in our own worlds, look up: who is around you? I have actually met so many people just by starting simple conversations at the right place. But if you don't open your eyes to the world and the opportunities, you won't.
5. Open your mind. Be open to the idea that change is good. Even when you feel comfortable, you may not know that a new opportunity may take you to an even better place. Sometimes it's keeping an open mind and saying YES that will also lead you to even more incredible opportunities.
6. DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK. A really important one. Send 1000 resumes, ask people for work opportunities, referrals or anything that you are looking. If you don't ask, you won't know. Of course, be prepared to get a 99% negative response. But, that 1% is all you need. You just have to ask the right way, and step outside of your comfort zone.
7. Travel, locally or not. You meet the most incredible people when you travel, it opens your mind and you never know the connections and opportunities that it creates.
8. Work on self confidence and always keep learning. From online courses to workshops, to working out and eating right. Self confidence and growth comes from internal development and work. If you feel strong and capable, you will inevitably put yourself out there more often and create more opportunities for yourself.