These are difficult times we are facing, especially for those who have had to temp close their businesses, have lost jobs / are freelancers without any current work. Here are some tips to help make some temporary money, for you stay afloat and pay your monthly expenses.
1. Work as a virtual assistant. Offer PA services online. You can choose your schedule and hours, and you can do it from the comfort of your home. Now more than ever, companies have interest of virtual assistants rather than in-person. You'll do research, respond emails, administrative work... The average is $15/hour, but if you do it well and consistently, it can be really stable income.
2. Offer YOUR services online. A majority of the companies are working from home and hiring virtually now, so there are less limits since you can find a job anywhere in the country. Video editing, writing, PR, Social Media, designing, voiceover... choose projects and your own hours, prices are set by you at anywhere up to $1k per project.
3. Become an online English teacher: You will teach kids abroad with one-on-one online classes from your home. And now more than ever kids around the world are learning online as they are home all day. You can choose your own hours and days, and earn up to $22/h.
Here is a website to get you started: Vip Kid
4. Start selling things you don't use: Now you have time to go through your closet and pull out items you are no longer using: baby products that they have outgrown, clothes and accessories you don't wear. There are so many apps that allow you to have mini home stores. If you dedicate the time to go through everything you really don't use, take good photos and promote those items nicely, you can make quick and easy money while cleaning your space.
Fav apps: Poshmark for clothes and Letgo or Offerup for things.
5. Sell your knowledge. If you have years of experience in a field of passion (fitness, nutrition, business, marketing...) whatever it may be, start a business & platform selling your knowledge.
- Create an eBook (fitness program, recipe book, how-to guide...)
- Sell online classes/coaching sessions
6. Sell your crafts: if you are good at handmade jewelry, home decor, clothing, art...you can start selling them!
Try websites like Etsy to create your own little store!
7. Last but not least, there are some companies that have announced substantial hiring plans, this may be a complete career shift, but they will ensure a regular stream of income that can be a lifesaver during this time.
Home delivery services that will allow you to choose your hours with a more flexible schedule depending on how much you need to work (try joining Postmates, Uber Eats, Instacart or Yummy; for example). And companies like CVS, big grocery store chains, Amazon, and major pizza chain restaurants are also hiring!
Again, not ideal since in this case, you are more exposed, but may be a quick temporary solution if you are in need. Plus, a majority are currently offering bonuses too.
Here's a list of all companies and where to apply for each company:
Aldi Apply here
Albertsons (which includes Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw’s, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen, and Carrs)
Dollar General Apply on the company’s website
Dollar Tree www.DollarTree.com/careers
Family Tree www.FamilyDollar.com/careers
Instacart Learn more here
Kroger apply here
Papa Johns jobs.papajohns.com or text JOBS to 47272
Pizza Hut jobs.pizzahut.com
Walmart Apply here