Stretchmarks are 90-95% genetically caused, but you can always help prevent or minimize them by nourishing your body inside & out, helping it stretch smoothly.
I have not developed any with either pregnancy, but remember that a LOT of woman do, so you are not alone if you do too. And our bodies are magical and are growing LIFE so stretch marks and any body changes are just tattoos of our journey and the amazing things we have done.
1. Gain healthy pregnancy weight, slow and steady. Keep a good healthy balanced diet and exercise. Stretch marks happen when skin is pulled quickly so if you make sure you are gaining the appropriate pregnancy weight at a slow pace, you will help your skin stretch slowly.
2. Keep hydrated with tons of water! Skin doesn't tend to develop stretch arks as much as dry skin does, and hydrating your skin from within is a must. FYI: Caffeinated beverages actually increase your risk so if you do drink coffee or tea, balance it out with even more water!
3. Hydrate your skin with the right oils and lotions too. I use a body butter in the morning and a body oil at night before bed. I linked the products below.
4. Eat a nutrient rich diet (no processed foods is best) and especially, with foods that contain the following vitamins.
vitamin C: like citrus fruits mainly, and broccoli, cantaloupe, cauliflower, kale, kiwi, papaya, red, green or yellow pepper, sweet potato, strawberries, and tomatoes.
vitamin D: 20min of sunshine daily or supplement is best
vitamin E: nuts, seeds, green leafy greens
zinc: whole grains, milk products, baked beans, chickpeas, and nuts
protein: beans, eggs, quinoa, fish...
For all of these in supplement form, see below, all linked!
5. Collagen. I drink a serving per day. I usually just add the scoop to my daily smoothie (the original one, linked below) but if you dont have daily smoothies, then I recommend you trying the Beauty Collagen (also linked below) that you can add to hot water or tea, and it has a yummy tropical flavor.
Every product I mentioned is linked below.
1. Aloe Vera Gel shop
2. Organic all natural Body Oil shop
3. Vitamin D shop
4. Collagen in smoothie shop
Collagen in water shop
6. Aloe Vera drink shop
7. Vitamin C shop
8. Zinc shop
For ALL the ways on how to recovery (physically and emotionally) through postpartum, take my Mom Care Course.