On the daily I see that people are scared of traveling with babies, toddlers and/or kids. I constantly hear their thoughts that traveling with them won’t be a vacation, that it’s not worth it, that they won’t remember it, that’s wasting money. That’s best to take them to the local park or music class at this age.
My thoughts on the subject are completely opposite, let me tell you why.
1. Travel enhances their developmental milestones. Travel helps children experience a wide repertoire of sights, smells, sounds, colors, faces and languages from an early age.
2. Travel is about making memories together. It sure isn’t free, but the learning opportunities & family memories are truly priceless.
3. Sure, traveling with babies or toddlers isn’t easy. But staying home or doing the same local activities isn’t either. To me, traveling actually HELPS me be with Sofia more full time and not going crazy, but enjoying the experience together.
4. Travel has helped Sofia become more adaptable & flexible. Although we do have a schedule at home, when we travel we go way more with the flow and adapting to new environments and changes is now her normal. Even sleeping in different beds, or napping under an umbrella at the beach.
5. Traveling is a fun way of learning about the world & cultures. Better than you can learn it through a book in school.
6. Traveling makes them more curious, adventurous & independent. They develop their imagination and encourages them to engage in creative play.
7. It teaches them to not be afraid to try new things.
8. It eventually makes them interested and have a better understanding in geography, world maps and such.
Of course, traveling isn’t easy to fit into a working parents schedule, especially if you can’t work remotely / are entrepreneurs like us. But, if you are debating weather it’s worth traveling with babies, or if it’s going to be too much of a hassle to... I encourage you to do it. Start simple, start local. But it does also get easier and less scary the more you do it.
What’s your biggest fear? Or what’s your biggest reason to?