Working on my business with my newborns has helped ME deal with the 4th trimester: it keeps my brain stimulated, motivated, while ALSO being 24/7 with my babies, prioritizing them & their needs, and my self care & well-being.
But here is how I do it, what to expect & some helpful tips that can really help ANY mom through postpartum with their mindset motivation, not just newborn working moms.
1. EXPECT LESS TO BE DONE: Your daily to-do lists have to be shorter. If you expect it you’ll plan for it and won't get stressed! Narrow down a short list of essentials and tackle them in your little windows.
2. EXPECT INTERRUPTIONS & SMALL WINDOWS: back to back feedings, diaper changes, throw ups, fussiness... Work will be done around it and you need to learn to be OKAY with that! No schedule, and your baby is in charge.
3. ORGANIZE THE HOME BEFORE ARRIVAL: Have all the essentials that will make it all easier. A baby swing, nursing pillows, newborn carriers... stay tuned for a list!
4. HAVE WORK STATIONS AROUND THE HOUSE: Yes, newborns sleep a lot, BUT in your arms mainly, so get comfy work stations in bed, on the couch, etc are key. Take a conference call from bed & emails from the couch.
5. DELEGATE: work (get an assistant or delegate more to your team), order food (a meal prep for example), get cleaning crew, etc. so you can focus the little free windows on the essential work.
6. SWITCH TO ONLINE: Get your groceries delivered to your doorstep. Order on Amazon. Facetime friends & family. Etc.
7. ADAPT & BE OPEN MINDED. Some days you will do nothing. Other days baby won't let you. Or you'll need to focus on housework... Don’t get frustrated, enjoy those days too!
8. GET LOUNGE WEAR READY. robes, cute PJs, and easy dresses. But still remember to get out of your night gown and do your morning skincare routine to feel fresh, awaken & productive (yet comfy) for the day!
9. SELF CARE & NOURISHMENT. If you want your mindset to be focused and positive, you'll need to nourish your body with the right nutrients, super foods & supplements. I’ll do a post specific on this.
You can also enroll in Postpartum Plan here to learn how to make a personalized plan for postpartum for the smoothest postpartum transition, as well as how to prepare your mindset shift to go with the flow and ease into the unexpected!