After 9 full months of not traveling (our last trip was in December to see my family in Barcelona), being "locked down" in our home for months between Covid + the newborn stage, now that Beckham is 2 months we felt ready to start escaping the city, safely, every now and then.
After exploring options for weeks I decided to head to the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Niguel as our first destination as a family of four! Located in one of my fav and most beautiful places in the world, perched on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, a true coastal paradise just a quick hour from LA. So easy to get to with two minis.
We had already stayed here in the past so I knew that it is SUPER family friendly, and that it sits on a huge lot with different big outdoor spaces, making it very easy to social distance, especially knowing their low occupancy levels.
Yes, you can call to find out their occupancy to help you select your dates. But of course, I recommend you going on weekdays.
They are also taking safety measurements like
1. Contact-less checking using their app
2. Indoor restaurants closed but the gorgeous outdoor lounge 180blũ is open
3. They have QR code to order from the room & poolside
4. Their two big pools are open at reduced capacity & less chairs to allow social distancing
5. Their Beach Chairs, Umbrellas & towels are clean and available, but they don’t set them up for you
6. They deliver room service, but they don’t come into your room
7. Their Fitness Center is closed, but you can enjoy miles of trails around the resort for exercise. Which I recommend in the early morning, simply breathtaking. Bring your stroller or carrier, it's worth doing with a cup of coffee or tea as morning movement before it gets warm.
8. The rooms are as impeccable clean as can be
9. They are offering daily wellness classes, including Yoga and Pilates in their luxurious lawn areas
10. Masks are needed in indoor common areas
They also have a ton of outdoor activities like two tennis courts, a children’s playground, an organic garden, and this open air Shuttle service takes you to and from Salt Creek Beach in 2min, which was very empty and quiet (and gorgeous) especially in the morning!
And here are a few things WE did to make it extra safe
1. Room service for breakfast and dinner. Lunch by the pool or at the beach, in our own secluded space, very nice.
2. Got a fireside ocean view room: These are on the bottom floor, which make it easy to access the lawn area and play with the kids without needing to get in elevators or walk far
3. The Room has a personal outdoor fireplace to enjoy their complimentary s’mores (ask housekeeping) without needing to use the common area
4. But ultimately, choosing the right dates is key
Overall it was a PERFECT stay, can't tell you how much I love this place, we felt safe, distant, enjoying nature, and we will definitely be back.
Look at my Laguna Niguel highlight on my Instagram for all the videos!